The Cedarburg Chiropractor
By Dr. Camille Berger
Early Beginnings Chiropractic
Dr. Camille’s Five Friday Favorites: Community Groups
Being pregnant and being a mom is hard work. It’s even harder to do it alone. The only way I know how to get through motherhood is to do it with a support system. I have my family, and friends that have been around so long they are now family.
Moving to Ozaukee County after graduation was a hard transition for our family. We lost our support system that we developed at Palmer Chiropractic College and our church. Luckily, Ozaukee County has an abundance of groups to join for support. I am excited to share my favorites with you!
1. Northern Ozaukee Moms – This is a community of amazing moms and incredible kids! I joined this summer, and I wish I would have done it sooner! NOMs has a variety of activities planned for everyone. There are weekly play dates, community outings, and even mom’s night out event. (Bunco is my favorite.) I love this moms’ group because it includes every type of mom you can think of! You are sure to find friends in this group of big-hearted women that will welcome you with open arms.
You can find them on Facebook or by emailing email@example.com.
2. Holistic Moms Network – I was very excited when I learned about this group. Crunchy parenting can often be isolating. Finding a group of moms are like minded was a huge relief to me. This group meets the first Thursday of each month at Lakeside Music & Naturals in Port Washington from 6pm - 7:30pm. Come check out your first meeting for free!
3. Mom’s Circle at Our Savior Lutheran Church – As a Christian mom, fellowship is very important. Coming together with a group of women that are raising their families in Christ is nourishing to my soul. We meet monthly for a play groups and we has bible study on a regular basis. I feel truly blessed to be a part of the congregation at Our Savior Lutheran Church.
4. Cedarburg Junior Woman’s Club – During my time at Palmer Chiropractic College, I was involved in Sigma Phi Chi, a professional chiropractic sorority. I loved being part of a group of women that gave back to the community in a variety of ways. Naturally, I missed that part of my life, and searched for something similar in Cedarburg. I found CJWC. They are a non-profit organization committed to serving the community. We volunteer our time and talents to provide financial support for civic, cultural, educational, and social projects. We dedicate these efforts to the betterment of our families, our friends and our futures.
5. Facebook Groups – Every mom that has Facebook is likely a member of Facebook groups for moms. While this doesn’t always lead to face-to-face interactions, they are certainly a valuable tool. I love that I can post a question or ask for a recommendation at any time and receive a handful of responses from moms just like me. Finding the groups can be difficult. You can use key words in the search function on Facebook. I find more success asking moms I know to add me to groups that they find valuable.
To see my favorite Facebook groups, click here.
Copyright 2018 Early Beginnings Chiropractic